It is not secret that utilizing social media platforms is the key to earning success in today’s online marketing world. However, I know myself that it can be difficult to get recognition for a blog because of the fierce competition. That is why it’s crucial to learn about how to promote your blog on Facebook.
Create a Fan Page
If you already have a blog and want to make money blogging, you need to invest in a fan page. Since Google heavily takes into account various stats from Facebook in particular for ranking, you really can’t do without a Facebook account. For example, the social ranking factors include:
- Facebook links
- Facebook “Likes”
- Facebook “Shares”
- Facebook comments
In order to create a fan page, you need to do the following:
- Create a Facebook account
- Navigate to Facebook’s “create a page” tool
- Select the kind of page you want to create (Local Business/Place, Brand/Product, Artist/Band/Celebrity, Company/Organization/Institution, and Cause/Community)
- Enter your basic information
- Select and upload an appropriate image to represent your brand
Create Quality Content
If you want to make money blogging, you need to believe me when I say that content is still king. After all, no one will want to stay on your Facebook fan page or blog very long if you don’t have anything unique to offer them. In order to capture and keep their attention, you need to provide quality content through your Facebook page to entice people to check out your blog.
I have found the following content formats to work exceptionally well:
- Infographics. Who doesn’t love a good infographic? They’re often considered to be “snackable content” because of how easy they are for people to digest. With beautiful graphics and the right information, you can keep people interested on your Facebook. Since images carry a good amount of weight through Facebook’s Page Rank, they will definitely help your cause.
- Photo albums. If you have lots of pictures to share, why not create a photo album? In fact, photo albums do great with PageRank because they encourage your followers to browse around for a while.
- Videos. Videos hold the most value (as long as they are well liked and shared between users). With so much software available, almost anyone can make a simple video to share with followers through Facebook to drive traffic back to your blog. The bonus is that you don’t have to be a stellar actor because people are kinder toward Internet videos as opposed to traditional media.
- Podcasts. Don’t forget to make your voice heard with podcasts! The best thing about podcasts is that people can easily take them wherever you go. Whether they are running a marathon or running out to get milk, people can still absorb everything you have to say if you promote podcasts on your Facebook.
Engage Your Audience
No matter how great your content is, it will not mean anything to you if they are not liked, shared, or commented on. In order to get the attention you need for your posts, you will need to encourage people to participate with your posts.
First review how to auto invite all of your friends through just one click for engage more audience towards it.
In order to encourage participation on your Facebook page to get more attention for your blog, consider the following:
- Create special offers designed specifically to encourage more “Shares” and “Likes”
- Share relevant and high quality content from other sources
- Have two-way conversations with your audience by responding promptly to their comments
- Let people see that you are human in order to build better personal relationships
Use Facebook Ads
To make money blogging, you have to learn how to use Facebook ads appropriately. While they can be very handy for generating success, I’ve also seen how they can fail rather spectacularly as well.
In order to successfully use Facebook ads, you need to familiarize yourself with different ad types. While each ad type is proven to be effective, just how well they work for you will vary depending on how you implement it. For example, newsfeed ads are becoming more and more popular, and considerably more effective, than the ads that appear to the right of a Facebook page. The Facebook newsfeed ads are similar to Twitter’s Promoted Tweets or Tumblr’s Promoted Post.
If you don’t take advantage of Facebook to promote your blog, you will be missing out on an opportunity of a lifetime.
Ivan Ho, early thirties, successful entrepreneur and online marketer for over 6 years. Host of OMT Wired Up “Online Money Talks” an online tutorial that teaches people tips and strategies about Social Media, Blogging, SEO, Email Marketing and other Internet Marketing Strategies. Get a copy of his FREE ebook “25 Expert Tips For Blogging Success” on his website http://www.OMTWiredUp.com.
Category: Blogging Tips