LinkedIn is a vast network for professionals to gather to exchange ideas, look for freelancers, or promote their businesses. Since it is fast growing in popularity, I would recommend learning everything you can about the platform to help your business succeed. To help you get started, here’s what you need to do:
Create Personal and Professional Profiles
Before you begin promoting your blog on LinkedIn, you need to set up your personal and professional profiles. When setting up your personal profile, don’t forget to customize the three spaces provided for your blog, personal site, and website. You shouldn’t leave the fields as default but instead use them to optimize. For example, using a relevant keyword for your blog field will be much more beneficial.
To better optimize your personal profile, here are some tips:
- Use keywords in the specialty and skills, summary, and headline sections
- Optimize the job titles since they are H3s
- Use your name for the file name of your profile image since LinkedIn will set it as the alt tag
After you have your personal profile done, you will need to work on your professional profile as well to best use it for promoting your blog. You will need to fill out all of the available field and include your URL.
Build Trust and Credibility Using LinkedIn Groups
Once you have the basics in place, you need to get yourself out there and network. I know this is the part that everyone is often the most shy about, but it needs to be done. After all, if you don’t make yourself and your brand known, then how do you expect to gain potential customers?
In order to build trust and credibility within LinkedIn, here are some tips:
- Actively partake in group discussions. If you want to build credibility and trust, be sure to become involved in different group discussions that have plenty of members involved. In order to provide the best value, read the comments left by others to add something unique and of value. However, avoid blatantly promoting yourself or your messages will simply be deleted as spam.
- Use LinkedIn Answers. If you look for and answer LinkedIn Answers, you will showcase your expertise to those around you. By providing solid answers and showing that you know what you are doing, you will generate interest in your company.
- Regulate your status messages. Although overuse of the status messages will not serve you well, you can’t underuse it either. You should use status messages to update people about your current projects now and again.
Provide Quality Wherever You Can
Although you need to provide quality in every comment that you make on LinkedIn, you also need to ensure that you have quality content on your blog as well. After all, if you don’t have quality content on your blog, people will not be interested in sticking around. Even if LinkedIn is filled mostly with other professionals such as yourself, having them like your blog for its quality will go a very long way.
On your blog, many people like to see the following:
- Relevant content
- How-to lists
- Top ten lists
If you provide quality content on your blog, you will make it that much more easy to promote. Also, you will make it so much easier to rank since Google loves quality content. Making your blog easy to navigate and quick to load will also help you rank and make money blogging.
Ask for Recommendations
Once you have decent relationships with other LinkedIn members, you can start asking for recommendations in order to help boost your blog. Recommendations are essentially testimonials that create great visibility for your blog. If you want to make money blogging, getting such attention from other authority figures is an excellent way of getting noticed.
There are many ways to promote your blog through LinkedIn. However, the key points to remember is to build trust and credibility and provide quality content. As long as you can do these things without being too spammy, you will improve your chances for success.
Ivan Ho, early thirties, successful entrepreneur and online marketer for over 6 years. Host of OMT Wired Up “Online Money Talks” an online tutorial that teaches people tips and strategies about Social Media, Blogging, SEO, Email Marketing and other Internet Marketing Strategies. Get a copy of his FREE ebook “25 Expert Tips For Blogging Success” on his website http://www.OMTWiredUp.com.
Category: Blogging Tips